As a philosopher, words are my means to life. I’m always involved in writing projects. Small and large. I write academic and non-academic texts. I also enjoy writing fiction, mainly short stories.
I can’t really remember a time I did not write. Stories, poems, satire in school papers, essays, theater pieces, monologues, papers, editorials, plays, columns, reviews. Some can be read here, but if you are interested in a sample of my writing (in English and/or Dutch), academic essays, columns, translation work, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] gmail.com. Also interested in new possibilities in collaboration for future writing projects.
[last updated 28 April, 2019]
On-going writing projects:
- The Miscarriage of Reading [new manuscript, work-in-progress]
- Fiction short stories [Dutch & English, preparing for submission]
- Why Philosophers are Mad: Diagnosis of the Contemporary Philosopher [translation into English, proofreading phase]
Finished writing projects:
Primarily non-fiction, in English unless otherwise mentioned. For published fiction see here.
- Het leven dat niet meer is. Anil Ramdas Prize submission, Dutch.
- The Liminal Event of Reading. Paper presentation at Nordic Summer University Winter Symposium Circle 2: Cybioses, Nida, Lithuania.
- The Liminal Event of Reading. Paper presentation at Nordic Summer University Winter Symposium Circle 3: Feminist Philosophy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Diagnose van de moderne filosoof – Waarom filosofen gek zijn. Published by Uitgeverij Damon.
- Diagnosis of the Modern Philosopher. English translation of the Dutch book.
- Transformation of Thought: A method of philosophical embodiment. Paper and presentation at Feminist Philosophy Conference, Nordic Summer University, Fårö, Sweden.
- Wir relativieren uns zu Tode. Book proposal, German. With Gabriel Yoran.
- Ethiek van het stoplicht. Book manuscript, Dutch.
- Wie denk je wel dat je bent? Final thesis, Dutch.
- De werkelijkheid ben je zelf. Essay, Dutch. Jonge Kunstkritiek Prize submission.
- Jouw hel is mijn hemel en vice versa. Essay, Dutch. Volzin Prize submission.
- Denkend aan Eindhoven. Story, Dutch. Eindhovens Schrijftalent Prize submission.
- De waardeloosheid van meningen. Essay, Dutch. Banning Prize submission.
- What is Truth Anyway? Project proposal Theodora Niemeijer Prize submission
- Evaluating Human Development and the Problem of Universal Lists of Human Values. Paper. With Marie Harder.
- On Achieving the Impossible. Essay and book outline. NineDots Prize submission.
- Learning as Embodiment – a Feminist Approach to Truth. Paper and paper presentation, Feminist Philosophy conference Nordic Summer University, Saulkrasti, Latvia.
- Achter de dijken stroomt het water. Essay, Dutch. Anil Ramdas Prize submission.
- Tractatus Homo-Agement. Book manuscript. Bracken Bower Prize submission.
- Regarding Depowerment Manifesto. Chapter in book by Stephanie Hanna zu Thun und Lassen.
- Philosophical Method of Embodiment – A Matrixial method of Learning. Paper.
- Happiness by Lenoir. Essay.
- Between Faith and Belief – Toward a Contemporary Phenomenology of Religious Life. Book review.
- The modern shift from ontological to epistemological religious understanding and its influence on the deliberative process. Paper. Sanders Prize for Philosophy of Religion, submission.
- Panopticon of the Present. Book manuscript. On the impossibility and the necessity of answering the question of peace (in cooperation with the Baha’i Chair for World Peace, University of Maryland)
- The Woman is Besides the Point. Paper.
- Diagnose van de Moderne Filosoof. Book manuscript, Dutch. Van Helsdingen Prize submission. Runner-up.
- Kunst met een Hoofdletter. Essay, Dutch. Marie Kleine-Gartman Prize submission.
- Het Oog van de Ander, Project proposal, Dutch. Theodora Niemeijer Prize submission.
- The Necessity of the Impossible, PhD-thesis in Contemporary Philosophy, Art and Critical Thinking, defended summer 2015 at European Graduate School.
- The University is about Changing Perspective. Essay. Vox Prize submission.
- Denkend aan grenzen. Essay, Dutch. Volzin Prize submission.
- Two to three articles per week on philosophy, religion and current affairs, Dutch. Published on website Zinweb.nl. (January 2015 – January 2016)
- Responsibility for radical change in addressing climate change. With Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Nigel Jollands. Published in ‘Carbon Management’ journal, 2014.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Ultimate Philosopher. Essay.
- Responsibility for Radical Change in Emission of Greenhouse Gasses. Paper. With Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Nigel Jollands. Presented at the Radical Emission Reduction Conference 2013, Royal Society London.
- Antigone. Play in two languages simultaneously (experiment), Dutch and English.
- The Problem of Epistemic Representation for the Legitimacy of Deliberative Democracy. Master thesis. Social Innovation Category of the Future Ideas European Innovation Master Thesis 2013 submission, runner-up.
- Vergane Tijd. Play, Dutch.
- Multi-Stakeholder Participation in the United Nations: Challenges for Representation and Legitimacy. Paper with Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Minu Hemmati. Presented at the 19th Annual Conference on Multi-Organisational Partnerships, Alliances and Networks 2012, Wageningen University.
- Het probleem van epistemische representatie voor de legitimiteit van deliberatieve democratie. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof.
- Dwarse Tijden. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof.
- Splijtstof Spreekt. Essay, Dutch. With Nathan Tax. Published in Splijtstof, jr.40-01, p.69-71.
- Een vermakelijk spelletje: What would Heidegger do? Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof, jr. 40-01, p.89-91.
- De zondeval als ethisch verhaal. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof, jr. 39-3, p. 23-35.
- Genesis volgens Kant. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof, jr. 39-2, p.83-84.
- Een Multiculturele Hemel. Play in one act, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof.
- To Be Thomas. Play in four acts. Performed at Acuto, Italy, February 2006.
- Complexe Zaken. Book manuscript, Dutch. With Martine Hoogsteen. High school final project. Won 1st prize as the best ‘profielwerkstuk’.
- Achter het raam. Poem, Dutch. Won poetry contest, published in Hadjegedicht!? 2000.