You don’t always go where you think you’re going.
“Welcome to flight 39221. My name is Elsebeth and I’ll be your hostess for today. I am here to make this experience as pleasant as possible. Would you like a drink, sir?”
Harold looked to his right, to what was supposed to be a window, but there was nothing to see. Just a vast blackness that extended until forever. At least, that’s what it looked like. It wouldn’t go on forever, obviously.
“When will we be arriving?” He turned to the lady wearing a purple dress that fitted her tight like a second skin, carefully covering her five tentacles.
Continue reading “Madam Maxime :: Short Story”
Sometimes it’s good to read the between the lines.
Terms of the Real Unicorn Deal (Unicorn Inc.)
- The unicorn will be delivered at agreed upon time and place. (Changes after signing of the contract can no longer be accepted, due to the high interstellar administrative costs.)
- Unicorns may differ. Unicorn Inc. is not responsible for biological, emotional, aesthetic or social differences. (What you get is what you get, basically.)
- Unicorn remains property of itself, irrespective of local legal rules regarding animals. (Please be aware unicorns dislike being called animals.)
- This deal instantly becomes void when these terms are broken. (All involvement of Unicorn Inc. will be categorically denied, both in Kantian and non-Kantian sense.)
- Anything you say or do, in any universe and in both future and the past, can and will be used against you. (This includes that time you hit your little brother.)
- Unicorn Inc. does not take any responsibility for anything the unicorn does or doesn’t do. (There is no way you can reach us to voice complaints. Any way you will try to contact us, is useless.)
- Unicorns will be returned to Unicorn Inc in the following circumstances:
- When unicorn so desires (free will remains with unicorn, unicorns are stubborn and will see through any attempt to make them go back.)
- When the time of the contract is fully served (unless the unicorn wishes to remain, free of charge.)
- When terms of this agreement are broken (to be decided by Unicorn Inc.)
- This deal goes into effect the moment funds are wired to Unicorn Inc. at which time all terms of this agreement are agreed upon.
Continue reading “The Agency of Unicorns (please read before buying) :: Flash Fiction”
“Are you there?” Bob held his head very still, making sure to not make any sound. Even the slightest rush of blood could make him miss their answer.
Bob looked out of the window. Across the street the neighbour woman was watering the plants at her balcony. Again. Not that he was complaining. She was a treat to look at. Long blond hair. Great rack. And lately she had been wearing these tight skirts that left him wondering about more than just how much water those plants actually needed. But still. He’d prefer to have neighbours not looking into his house at all times of the day.
Bob jumped out of his chair. Freaking heavenly father. He was right. “Marcy! It’s happening again!”
Continue reading “The Probe :: Original Short Story”
Sometimes you need less than 300 words to sketch a world, an idea, some characters going through something. I love it when that happens.
“I’m sorry my mother yelled at you.”
“It’s okay. I’m a guest, but I can help set the table for dinner.”
Roger looks at his friend. Perhaps he shouldn’t have invited him to his home. His mother had not been herself ever since his grandfather died. But he knew she was mainly upset because of the stories. There would be no more new stories.
Continue reading “The One Thing – Original Short Story”